The job of a firefighters is one of the most physically demanding, ever-changing, and rewarding jobs there is.
The Russellville Fire Department is a progressive organization delivering a wide variety of emergency and non-emergency services, including fire suppression, basic and advanced life support medical treatment, specialized rescue operations and hazardous materials incident mitigation. Serving your community through a career with the Russellville Fire Department not only guarantees interesting work, but opens up opportunities for investigations, inspections, public education, and other career paths that provide for an enriched public safety career.
If you are interested in a career with the Russellville Fire Department fill out this candidate interest card for more information.
Steps For Applying
The Russellville Fire Department offers an entry-level test at least once annually. If you are ready to join our team of exceptional firefighters, review the information below, and contact us at 479-968-2332, if you have any questions about the department.
There are four steps to becoming a Russellville firefighter:
Fill out a job application here.
Sit for an entry-level written test with the Civil Service Commission.
Complete a Tier Test and Physical Abilities Test (PAT) exam.
Complete Civil Service and internal board interview.
To be considered for employment the following criteria must meet:
- Completed all four of the previous steps.
- Have graduated from high school or achieved a GED certification.
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator license.
- Must have an Arkansas Emergency Medical Technician License or have the ability to gain an Arkansas EMT license with one year.
- Must be between the ages of 21-35 at the date of appointment or have previous full-time firefighting experience.
Fill out and print a PDF version of the City of Russellville job application here.