Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
In order that we may process your application as quickly as possible, please be sure to include the following. Please check off each item, signifying that they have been included in your submission.
The Planning Office will prepare the notice, but it is your responsibility to have it published.
Failure to return the sign 5 days after the public hearing will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
(1) Attached is a petition for rezoning. The petitioner(s) will be responsible for filling out the petition and returning it to Russellville City Hall, the Planning Office at:
203 S. Commerce Ave.
Russellville, AR 72801
The petition must be submitted 20 days prior to the Planning Commission Meeting. The Planning Commission meets the 4th Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m., at Russellville City Council Chambers.
(2) Submit the completed petition and attachments to the Planning Department along with a $50 filing fee. The petition will be placed on the agenda for the next regular Planning Commission meeting requesting that the commission conduct a public hearing on the said petition.
(3) The Planning Office will prepare a legal notice of this hearing. The legal notice must be published in a newspaper of general circulation in the City of Russellville at least one time 15 days prior to the public hearing. The petitioner(s) will be responsible for picking up this notice, delivering it to the newspaper, paying the publication fee, and submitting an editor's affidavit of proof of publication to the Planning Office.
(4) Additionally, the petitioner(s) must provide to the Planning Commission evidence that the petitioner(s) have contacted in written form the owner(s) of each separate parcel of land within 200 feet of the parcel proposed for rezoning. The written notice must provide each affected owner(s) the purpose, date, and time of the public hearing.
(5) The owner-petitioner will need to submit to the Planning Department a professional plat map showing the location of affected properties together with the owner of record, and written acknowledgement from each owner of receipt of proper notification, such as postal return receipt slips.
(6) Finally, the petitioner(s) must place a sign in a conspicuous place on the site of the property proposed for rezoning indicating the date and place of the public hearing on the rezoning petition. This sign must be placed on site at least 15 days prior to the hearing date. The Planning Office will furnish the sign. The petitioner(s) will be required to pay a $50 deposit when the sign is picked up. Failure to return the sign 5 days after the public hearing will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
(7) On the date set, the Planning Commission will conduct a public hearing. If the Planning Commission approves the rezoning, it must be adopted by the City Council by ordinance and submit it to the City Attorney's Office at City Hall at least 8 days prior to the City Council meeting on the 3rd Thursday of each month in order to be placed on the City Council's agenda.
If you have any questions about the application or procedures, please do not hesitate to contact City Planner David Harris or Administrative Assistant Lequitta A. Jones at City Hall or by phone at 479-968-2098.
Application is hereby made to the Planning Commission, pursuant to the Arkansas Law City Planning, Act 186 of 1957, Acts of Arkansas, as amended, and the Russellville Zoning Ordinance No. 1740, as amended, petitioning for a rezoning of the following described area.
Please state the current zoning type and the type of zoning you are applying for.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field